Duo-safety plates are specially designed to protect product from medium as a consequence of through-plate leaks from cracks or corrosion. They have a pair of special non-welded plates back to back, with the leak path between them open to atmosphere. These paired plates then have product and service medium flow on either side.
The APV Duo-Safety plate consists of two loose heat exchanger plates. These can be made of different material. Each plate pair is fitted with a non-glued Paraclip gasket, which both seals and holds the pair together. Gaskets can be supplied in the full range of materials. The APV Duo-Safety heat exchanger plate pairs can be supplied in stainless steel, titanium, etc. or in two different materials. Gaskets are now available in NBR or EPDM material.
• 100% visual inspection is possible
• The APV Duo-Safety plate pair can be dismantled for cleaning between the two plate faces
• It is possible to combine different plate materials in one plate pair, such as stainless steel/titanium or hastelloy/titanium
• Two gasket materials can be combined e.g. EPDM/viton
• High safety against mixing of fluids
• No welds