Welded plate heat exchangers combine the advantages of a plate heat exchanger with those of a shell & tube heat exchanger. The APV Hybrid is individually designed and manufactured according to the required capacity, and represents an optimal solution in terms of technology and economic efficiency.
The APV Hybrid heat exchanger is very flexible, and can be adapted to actual thermal, physical and geometric conditions. It delivers reliable separation of media even under increased pressure and at high temperatures.
Depending on application, the APV Hybrid heat exchanger provides advantages in some respects compared with ordinary tubular heat exchangers, which conform to a standard design and identical conditions for process engineering.
The APV Hybrid plate heat exchanger design has no dead spots and provides very efficient heat transfer at low pressure drop values to ensure that it functions at a very accurate temperature. The plate side flow and the tube side flow are arranged in cross flow configuration in one or multiple passes over the plates. The plate pattern forms elliptical tube channels on the tube flow side and wave flow passage on the plate side. The depth of the plate pressure can be increased in order to allow greater flow rates or reduced pressure drop for the passage of larger particles. This functionality provides an optimal design for many process requirements and is achieved by enlarging the diameters of the elliptical tube channels, while maintaining the plate distance on the plate flow side. It is also possible to achieve a wide-gap condition on the plate flow side by welding the plates further apart. The APV Hybrid plate heat exchanger can be designed for a pressure range from full vacuum to 60 bar.
Like all our products, the APV Hybrid plate heat exchanger conforms with the quality assurance norm ISO 9000.
• operational temperature range between -200 °C and 900 °C
• pressure range between vacuum and 60 bar
• fully welded construction (no gaskets)
• broad range of construction configurations
• compact design allows the installation of up to 6000 m 2 heating surface per unit
• economic use of materials and low weight
• exchange surfaces with plate thickness between 0.5 and 1.0 mm
• available in a variety of high grade alloys
• very efficient heat transfer even at low pressure drop
• self-cleaning effect by means of strong turbulence, no dead spots in the flow
• works as gas or liquid exchanger, condenser or evaporator
• low filling charge and short length of stay protects the product
• possible to achieve very accurate temperature